Backlinking is a critical aspect of your link-building strategy. With backlinks, you can increase your domain authority and get your website on the first page of the search engine result pages.
Backlinks can either be nofollow or dofollow backlinks. But these backlinks are not created equal. Dofollow backlinks are the holy grail of link building, and they’re the ones that pass PageRank authority from the origin site to the destination site.
Therefore, if you need to step up your SEO game and rank your website on SERPs, you should avoid nofollow links and focus on getting dofollow backlinks. While building high-quality do-follow links correctly can take time and effort, the steps are worth it. One of the most important aspects of search engine optimization is understanding and utilizing Google’s SERP features to increase visibility and drive traffic to a website.
This article will show you how to create dofollow backlinks following best practices to help you rank higher in search engines.
What Is a Dofollow Backlink?
A dofollow backlink is a link that allows Google or other search engines to point back to your website from another website. They pass the link value, or “link juice,” to the linked website.
Unlike nofollow links, the HTML code does not have the “rel=” nofollow” attribute that tells Google to ignore the link when crawling. An example of HTML dofollow backlink code is: < a href=”https://do followbacklinksexample. com” > Write your anchor text here.</a>
In Google’s eyes, a dofollow backlink represents an endorsement or vote of trust from a person or business with a high-ranking web presence. Since they are crawlable, they can help search engines find more of your content and boost your site’s Google PageRank—an algorithm Google uses to rank sites on the search engine results page (SERP).
If you want a higher chance of getting indexed, outranking your competitors, and getting targeted traffic from search engines, you need to know how to create dofollow backlinks and focus on this type of backlink.
How Do Dofollow Backlinks Work?
The main goal of using dofollow links is to prevent spam crawling and improve search results. This is because Google uses dofollow links to boost the PageRank of the associated page.
Imagine someone comes across an accurate and detailed source on your website—statistics, news, or anything else. Creating a Dofollow backlink to the source (your website) informs search engines that they recommend your page to other searchers.
Dofollow backlinks signal to search engines that you wish to give your vote of confidence to the other website. So, Google, in response, checks how many such votes the source website has and rates the site based on that.
Although dofollow links offer the most benefit, many more criteria affect the quality of a “dofollow” backlink. Some of these include:
- How relevant your niche is to the niche of the website hosting your backlink.
- How reputable and authoritative the website linking to you is
- Relevant content is attached to the dofollow backlink.
How to Get Dofollow Backlinks for Your Website: 10 Ways to Build Quality DoFollow
Since the importance of backlinks for SEO cannot be overestimated, you need to ensure that you get high-quality dofollow backlinks from authoritative websites. Want to know how to create dofollow backlinks? Here are 10 ways to create dofollow backlinks you can use right away!
- Guest Post on Relevant Websites
One of the best ways to buy backlinks is to make guest posts on other niche-related websites. The strategy is simple: write relevant blog content and post it on another website. In exchange for this free content, the site owner permits you to include a link to your homepage as the author and one or two backlinks inside the article.
This is a great way to build and earn a dofollow backlink because you’re primarily offering value for value. Plus, it allows you to grow. The more high-authority websites you write for, the more likely your site will be indexed by search engines and crawled by Google!
So how do you go about guest blogging? Here are some tips:
- Find high-quality sites relevant to your niche and check if the sites have the kind of content you’re interested in. For example, online electronic stores may be perfect if you offer electronic installation services.
- Avoid writing on topics they’ve already published unless there’s a new take or update.
- Ensure your content will add value to the blog’s audience and website. Otherwise, it may be considered spammy content.
- Email the website owner with what you’d like to publish.
- If accepted, write the post. Get it published. Get the rewards!
Remember to promote the content after it has been published. You want your audience to know that you wrote something somewhere, and with that, you’ll also drive traffic to the blog that welcomed you!
- Publish Relevant and High-Quality Content
Publishing relevant, high-quality content that people love is another excellent way to get backlinks. If it is good, people will want to link to it and share it with friends.
When you provide valuable information for visitors, you make yourself a choice website when people want information about something specific. This way, you gain more popularity within your niche. And the more people trust your content, the more they’ll likely link to it. This is an honest way to secure dofollow backlinks; the only cost is quality!
- Email Outreach
Email outreach is another way to build quality dofollow backlinks for your website. All you need is an email list of potential customers or readers willing to click through your site’s link to read more about what you offer.
You can get a few links if you’ve created a valuable piece of content. You can request those who love your content to add your link to their site as an additional resource. You may even send them an offer they can’t refuse, like a discount code or something else they’ll value.
Here are some tips to make your email outreach easier:
- Find out the site offering the same content as yours: you can search for the top-ranking blogs in your niche on google and look for a website directory for the niche relevant backlinks.
- Find the people who read or share their content: Once you know some of the influencers in your niche, you can use tools such as BuzzSumo, which lets you know who shared a piece of content. Such people are worth putting on your email list, especially those who made comments.
- Create Infographics, Share Them and Ask for Attribution
When you create great content like infographics, people usually reuse it on their blogs or educational publications.
Although some website owners may be angry or disappointed when others use the images from their material without attribution, that’s understandable. However, you should see it as an opportunity to earn a free, relevant backlink to that content by asking for attribution. Here’s how to go about it:
- Choose any of your images or graphics.
- Go to the TinEye homepage (an image search and recognition tool) and enter the URL of your selected image.
- Check the results and find out if they link to you as the source.
- You could send an email asking for attribution if they did not.
In most cases, they will gladly give you a dofollow backlink since you own the content.
If you have created your infographics but don’t know how to distribute them to get dofollow backlinks. Here are some tips for you:
- Use Sumo’s Image Sharer Plugin to share your infographic easily.
- Create an embed code for your infographic.
- Send your infographic to Infographic Submission Sites.
- Promote your infographic on Reddit.
- Consider using the Guestographic link-building method.
- Find Broken Links and Offer Your Own
Sometimes, you are immersed in an article when you find a hyperlink pointing to another source for further reading on a related topic. You gladly click on it and find a more insightful explanation about a keyword in the content. Great!
But at other times, you click on them, and oops! You get a 404 or 505 error. That isn’t very pleasant. However, every website owner would appreciate you informing them about it and would love to fix it, so that’s a great chance to offer them yours!
If you are wondering how to find broken links, SEO tools such as Ahrefs and Linkminer can quickly help you, and you can hire link-building services to help you too. Here is a summary of how to use Ahrefs for this process:
- Create a list of credible influencers in your niche.
- Analyze their domain authority with Ahrefs Site Explorer and remove low-quality sites
- Search for broken links using Ahrefs Broken Link Checker.
- Here’s the navigation: -Site Explorer – Pages -Best by Links -filter for HTTP 404.
After that, reach out to the website owners to inform them and offer yours as a replacement.
- Participate in Online Forums and Communities and Get Interviewed
One way to get high-quality backlinks is to participate in online forums and communities. You can show your expertise and authority on a given topic by adding valuable insights and perspectives to discussions.
This will make other users more likely to link to your website when looking for resources on the same topic.
While there are many benefits to participating in online communities, getting an interview is more challenging than it seems. It’s essential to keep the following things in mind.
- Add value to the community, and don’t spam links to your website.
- Follow the community rules and make credible networks.
- Reach out to other members and ask for help (backlinks).
- List Your Sites on High-Quality Directories
Business directories are websites that comprise information that categorizes firms within a niche and assists visitors in searching for companies, services, or goods in a specific location.
Search engines favor high-quality connections from directories to your website, as do social media links. Some directories you can use include Google My Business and the Yellow Pages.
- Interview Influencers
You can find influencers in your niche and offer to interview them or use their services. Now, proceed to post the interview on your website or on social media platforms like Twitter or Facebook, where people talk about specific topics or industries they’re interested in learning more about. The influencers will often link to your blog or social media page in their subsequent posts, which, in most cases, will be a dofollow link.
- Add Your Site to Google Publish Center
Adding a quality, dofollow backlink to your website can be as easy as adding your site to Google Publish Center. Adding your site to Google’s Publish Center is an easy way to get high-quality dofollow backlinks from trusted sources.
To add your site to the Publish Center, follow these steps:
- Go to the Publish Center homepage and click the “Add Your Site” button.
- Enter your website’s URL and click “Continue.”
- Follow the instructions on the next page to complete the process.
Google will review your site and add it to their search results if it meets their guidelines.
- Recommend Yourself for a Resource Page
Another way to get high-quality dofollow backlinks to your website is to get featured on a resource page. A resource page is a web page that contains a list of helpful resources on a particular topic. To be featured on a resource page, you should do the following:
- Find resource pages relevant to your website’s topic.
- Reach out to the page’s owner and recommend yourself as a resource.
If the owner of the resource page likes your website, they may add it to their page as a featured resource.
The benefits of SEO are enormous, so no website owner should overlook it. And one of its many strategies is link building, of which do follow backlinks are the most important. You need to learn how to create do follow backlinks so you can take advantage of the benefits do follow backlinks offer. Get started today, and see the results for yourself!